Monday, March 10, 2008

Chilled cucumber soup

I can't believe it wasn't until day 5 that I thought of chilled soup.

I veganised and mixed around with a few variations for chilled cucumber soup that I found online. It's not fancy but it is pretty good and really refreshing for the hot weather we have been having. Besides, it took 10 minutes to make and didn't require any cooking and I made it myself (not Mr T). If I hadn't of spend most of my money of soy ice cream I may have added in some fresh dill or mint. A lot of the recipes asked for raw garlic but I couldn't do it.

2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
1/2 cup soy milk
2 containers of plan soy yogurt (almost 2 cups)
3/4 -1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of salt
pepper to taste

Put all in blender and blend til smooth














No comments:

Post a Comment