Sunday, November 30, 2008

Looking for Vegan food in Frankston?

Well there is a vegetarian restaurant, but when we found ourselves there on a monday afternoon a few weeks ago and the vegetarian restaurant was closed we were determined to find something to eat ASAP. One of the first places we come across turned out to be pretty great. Dan suggested this noodle place but I was hesitant because I've had a few 'vegetarian dishes' from asian omni places and then discovered small pieces of meat and I know that asian places tend to love chicken stock or fish/oyster sauce. I knew we were on to something good though when I started to say to the guy in this place that I wanted some noodles without chicken stock, fish sauce and he said 'no animal products' someone who speaks my vegan language! You can order from the menu or just choose specific ingredients. Choosing is much more fun as you can choose your favorite vegies, sauce and noodles.

Dan ordered tofu and vegies with chilli-soy sauce combo, and I ordered tofu and vegie noodles with satay sauce and we shared some vegetable spring rolls, it was all tasty and cheap and fast. What more can a girl ask for? I loved that the tofu was cut in to small chunks and absorbed the sauce unlike other noodle places that have bland cubes of tofu.






Noodle Jone
9a Thomspon St Frankston
11-9 (7 days a week)

No comments:

Post a Comment