Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Spritz cookies

On the weekend I was feeling a lot better and thought I would go to a party and make some cookies to bring. I decided to give my cookie press a try and make spritz cookies. I followed Kittee's recipe minus the food colouring. It took me ages to figure out to use the cookie press and as you probably tell from the pic below some were prettier than others. Now that I have figured it out though it will be easier in the future and I plan on experimenting with the other shapes and with different flavours. The trick is to make sure the dough is just started to peek out of the disk and then press the handle. Also you need to make sure that the cookie press is actually pressed up against the liner on the tray. It properly sounds really simple, but when you have no idea what to it's not that easy.




They tasted fine, but just a little bit simple. So I coated the back of the cookies with melted white chocolate and covered them with chocolate sprinkles (from rishons.) I didn't coat them completely because it would have taken away from the detail in the front (as you can see in the above pic). I think this worked out better too the white chocolate didn't over-power the taste of the biscuits.



Sadly the cookies didn't get to the party because my energy levels were still really low and I ended up having an early night but I found lots of people to happily eat the cookies the next day. Next time I am going to try spritz cookie sandwiches.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh the cookie press sounds interesting, I've seen them online and recently I saw them here, but I can't remember where.

    You sound like me at the moment, too exhausted to want to go anywhere but still in the mood to cook/bake! I hope you feel better v.soon Kristy.

    Also, I've had friends say I would like the Office(USA) so maybe that can be the next thing we watch, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what a cookie press is! But your cookies look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cookie press? Sounds awesome. Those cookies are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what in the world is a cookie press? And more impromptu pot lucks for the brunswick kids!

    ReplyDelete