1.5 tablespoon of sesame seeds, toasted
1 packet of 454 grams (16oz) rice noodles (we use Kong Moon rice sticks)
2 packets of 300 grams fried firm tofu, sliced into strips (we use yensons)
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium capscisum, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2-3 tablespoons of curry powder
a pinch to 1/2 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes (start with less)
1/4 cup of vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
a splash of sesame oil
a splash of G/F soy sauce
tumeric powder (optional for colour)
salt and white pepper to taste
- Soak rice noodles in enough hot water to cover until they are soft, roughly 20 minutes.
- Marinate tofu, carrots and capsicum in splash of sesame oil and soy sauce and with the chilli flakes for at least 10 minutes.
- Toast sesame seeds in dry pan and put to side.
- Fry onion until soft in vegetable oil, add curry powder and fry until it is combined and fragrant.
- Add tofu and vegies to fry pan and fry until vegetables are soft.
- Drain rice noodles, rinse with cold water and add to pan.
- Mix well and add stock.Stir and fry until stock is absorbed.
- Add salt (or soy sauce) and white pepper to taste. Serve with sesame seeds and sesame oil.
Serves 4-6. Toby is a big eater so it only serves 4 in our household but could serve 6 regular eaters. We always make enough for 4 so we can have leftovers for lunch the following day.
Chef suggestion: enjoy with pu-erh tea or cola