I've been away for over a month. It's been long enough to make me miss blogging but unfortunately my camera battery went dead and we can't find the charger, so have all of these great recipes and eating out pics and can't access it. We spent about two weeks turning our house upside down but can't find it. I suspect we left it in a hotel in Sydney, anyway have finally ordered one so will be back with proper pics soon.
Anyway here is a recipe and crappy photo from my phone. I've gone back on a healthy dessert kick and have been making a few of these little snacks lately, if you have similar suggestions would love to hear about them.
Toby dislikes peanut butter, so I was a bit sneaky in giving him a couple but the flavour is kind of lost so he didn't notice and loved them too.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bites adapted from from Wayfaring Chocolate
- 2.5 tb (50g) peanut butter
- 4 scoops (84g) Sunwarrior Vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup soy milk (I added a little more til it was slightly moist since slight adaption of original recipe)
- 2 tb maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (40g) dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, protein powder, coconut flour and soy milk until well combined and the batter has reached a cohesive cookie-dough-like consistency. Add maple syrup and adjust liquid.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then roll the cookie dough into balls.
- You can either serve them cold or do as I and Hannah did and microwave them for for approx 30 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and the cookie dough has become more cooked-cookie-like.They are so much better microwaved!!!