Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Red foods

My two favourite new recipes are vibrant red dishes.

First up, I made this blueberry orange sauce to go with the fronch toast from vegan with a vengeance. It was healthy, easy and tasted great. It was the perfect way to welcome in a lazy Sunday. Time wise it was great considering with the fronch toast it only took 15 minutes to prepare.

The second dish was this beetroot and onion tart. I didn't have a saucepan that I could transfer to the oven though, so I just cooked it in my frypan then transferred it to a dish and put the puff pastry on top. This was my first time to try to cook something upside down and then transfer it, and my transfer skills were not that greatest. But it was easily fixed and delicious! It tasted like something you would have in a fancy resturant not something I would normally make because I am so lazy, but it was so worth it. I might remake it for a dinner party in the future. Considering how simple the ingredients are though I was really impressed!


Sorry for the crappy pic! I had to use the flash as it was night time and I knew there wasn't going to be leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. I love your goose plate! And both of those red foods look really good. How red did your mouth go after eating them?

    ReplyDelete