Monday, July 18, 2011

Real Food Daily- Santa Monica

My last US meal:
We had 8 hours layover in LA and asked on facebook and twitter what we should do and the overwhelming response was go to Real Food Daily- Santa Monica. We met up with Toby's friend there and thankfully got a table without a booking. I ordered the 'pizza ya can eat za' with herb cornmeal crust, sun dried tomato pesto, spinach, basil and cashew and mozzarella cheese with greens and cannelloni beans in the centre. The crust was similar in texture to a pita bread crust,  you could taste the herbs in it and I think I could probably eat it plain but the cashew cheese was my favourite bit, so creamy. It makes me want to learn how to make cashew cheese. I also got a tasty strawberry milkshake made from hemp milk and hemp ice cream. Toby also enjoyed his gluteny burger and salad. This meal left me feeling very full which is perfect when you have a 15 hour flight home.

We also visited wholefoods to get some last minute snacks and walked along the beach before catching the bus back to LAX.

Real Food Daily
514-516 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica

2 comments:

  1. This. Looks. Awesome. It kicks the ass of the pizza I ate last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love nut-based creamy cheezes, though funnily enough have yet to make one with cashews! There's an awesome Ani Phyo recipe for spizy nacho cheeze on my blog (shameless plug! :P ) made with macadamias. I'm going to go look through her raw book again and find another to make :)

    ReplyDelete