Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2 Ingredient Chocolate Chia Pudding

Yes this only requires chia seeds and choc soy milk. We are obsessed with vitasoy chocolate milk at the moment and I figured this was probably a healthier way to consume it.

Chocolate Chia Pudding from Foods for Life
[serves 4]
2 cups chocolate soy milk
5 to 6 tablespoons raw chia seeds (depending on how thick you want it)
Berries (optional)

Combine chia seeds with chocolate soy milk and stir vigorously with a fork for several minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes and stir again until the chia seeds are well blended and separated. Let the mixture sit out for an hour, stir one more time and refrigerate at least one day until thickened and firm. (I think I left it for 3-4 hours)/ This is a good dessert to make a day or two in advance in order to give it time to set. When ready to serve, top with strawberries or raspberries and divide into 4 small serving dishes.

I enjoyed this, it's just like eating really thick chocolate soy milk. Although I thought it could be a tad sweeter, next time I might add some maple syrup and/or cinnamon.

5 comments:

  1. Can I be a pain and ask you which brand of chia seeds you use? Mine never plump up unless I heat them first, and it's getting my goat! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks and sounds delicious. Chia seeds are so magic - totally one of those ingredients that have now become so prevalent and are so useful it's hard to imagine I had never heard of them a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I thought about making this last week. I will definitely try it now, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete