Monday, May 24, 2010

Onion rings, onion rings, onion rings

Yes I finally tried lord of the fries onion rings on sat night from the Northland store.

And they are PERFECT- with a yummy crispy coating, you really can't tell that they are gluten free.

I had mine with tomato sauce:
but was jealous of Ivan's version with vegan mayo. Ivan has also blogged about them here but he doesn't quite share my onion ring obsession.

My only complaint was there not enough- with only about 6 in my bucket, next time I might skip the nuggets and have 2 containers of onion rings. Also please bring back the gluten free buns soon, I would love a gluten free burger!

I think they are available at all Lord of the Fries stores.

*Edited to add: no longer gluten free

5 comments:

  1. That ketchup-dipped onion ring shot is glorious (even though I'm yet to eat an onion ring, despite having spent 13 months in the US in the past three years)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I think I will have to try these this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I will be trying these in August, for sure!!

    Also, I can't believe they have vegan mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember walking past lord of the fries last time we were in Melbourne. I wish they had one in Adelaide, we are lacking in so many ways here lol

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah, you really must try them!

    Vicki, I want to have them again this week too.

    Mandee, I didn't even know that they vegan mayo until Ivan ordered it.

    Rose, you do have coopers though. Toby keeps saying that he wants to go there just so that he can go to the brewery.

    ReplyDelete