Sunday, January 2, 2011

Agave Cinnamon Almond Balls

These are so easy and quick to make, took me about 5 minutes in total. Plus they are healthy, raw, contain only 3 ingredients and are alkaline diet friendly. More on the alkaline thing later. I think quick recipes deserve quick blog posts.

This is based on the raw almond honey and cinnamon balls from Gone Raw.

As the author suggested, you could coat it coconut or something else. The cinnamon flavour is strong, so if you don't love it I would suggest using something else.

Makes 10 tiny balls

Ingredients: 
a few handful of almonds
about 2 tablespoons of agave ( I think you could possibly use a bit less)
cinnamon for coating

Preparation: 
Crush the almonds in a food processor, add agave to make it into thick paste. Pour cinnamon in a little plate, take a bit of almond mixture, roll it into a ball, and coat it with cinnamon.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, I love raw balls. You could also roll it in coconut for a different flavour or add dates in for sweetness with a bit less agave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving experimenting with raw food at the moment, and received agave and coconut butter for Christmas. Seeing as I'm a die-hard cinnamon fan, these will be making their way into my belly asap!

    ReplyDelete