Sunday, January 16, 2011

Monk Bodhi Dharma 3- G/f options

I've been to Monk Bodhi Dharma twice in a few weeks, both times I couldn't resist the gluten free version of their famous french toast! They can make it with g/f bread which means it isn't quite as thick and crusty but I'm not complaining, I'm just so relieved that they do a g/f option. Also, It still tastes just as awesome. There is no mention of g/f option of the menu, so I was so happy when Em commented on our last post that they can do it.  Thanks MBD, you rock.


The first time we went Toby, also ordered g/f toast so that we could share. He had the peasant beans which were fine, although a tad boring in comparison to the french toast.


The second time, he had the Balinese corn soup. He enjoyed the flavour but felt that there was protein missing.  The second visit was as part of a small veg twitter meet up with notjosh and Cindy and Michael.

Toby loves the coffee there and I'm pleased that they take their tea just as serious. Each time I have sample a different type of green tea, I think the sencha is my fave though. I found the Long Jing a little too bitter.

For other recent MBD reviews see wheres the beef, and easy as vegan pie,

Monk Bodhi Dharma
Rear 202 Carlisle St, Balaclava
9534 7250

No comments:

Post a Comment