Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rocky Road!!!!

When we got invited over to a friends place on sat night for dinner, I decided to bring along some dessert. My first thought was rocky road, I've been dreaming about it since the last potluck when we made rockyroad ice cream. I decided to follow this recipe, but made some tiny adjustments:

650grams (roughly) chocolate
1 packet of dandies marshmallows from radical grocery, chopped
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
200g turkish delights, chopped
1/2 peanuts (I used crushed peanuts but will use whole or half pieces next time)

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl while you melt the chocolate, and then add the melted chocolate and mix again. Put mixture into a lined slice pan and refrigerate for about an hour and then cut into squares.

It was tasty, quite rich and super easy to make. While I liked the texture of turkish delights, I think the flavour overpowered the marshmallows so next time I think I will substitute the Turkish delights for cranberries or cherries. If you are making them for someone who is g/f then make sure that the turkish delights are g/f, the ones from coles had wheat in them, but I found a pack at A1 bakery that was g/f and vegan.

By the way, I've decided to remove my name from this blog for work reasons.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm liking the sound of this (albeit with the cranberries substitution, as I'm no big fan of rosewater and turkish delight). Then I could even sub in pistachios for the peanuts, couldn't I? And then it'd be even *less* like real rocky road! Teehee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was all excited about the turkish delight in the rocky road - I am sure I had rocky road with turkish delight somewhere that I loved - shame it was too intense - could you try different flavours???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly I've been ignorant, but I always assumed turkish delight wasn't vegetarian. I thought it had gelatin, and I was sure, i never actually checked. Very excited now! Might have to make a special trip to the shops for it :)

    ReplyDelete