I always cook Matthew's Delicious Tofu for dinner. It is fast, full of protein (3x500g tofu!!) and yummy.
The other day, K and I were talking about serving pan fried tofu with the vegemite gravy we made before. And now we have a new easy weeknight dish.
Instead of vegemite or NON-gluten-free Marmite, we used Freedom Foods' Vege Spread.
What you need:
3 packs of 500g firm tofu, sliced or diced (We love Yenson's so does Cindy & Michael)
Whatever amount (within reason) of vegies, chopped
Handful of sesame seeds
1 TBSP of sesame oil or raw coconut butter
6 gloves of garlic, minced (or you can use the whole thing)
2-4 TBSP Freedom Foods' Vege Spread
1 to 3 TPSP of corn flour or any gluten-free flour
1 1/2 cup of water
Dash of tamari or gluten-free soy sauce (We use Chang's)
What you need to do:
- Brown sesame seed on fry pan, set aside.
- Heat oil and pan fry tofu on non-stick fry pan or wok, add dash of tamari on top of tofu just before you flip it. Set aside in a big metal mixing bowl or tray.
- Heat oil on non-stick fry pan or wok. Saute minced garlic for a moment and add vegies. Stir fry for a moment.
- Add Vege Spread and water. Stir fry until it's mixed in with vegie.
- Slowly add gluten-free flour to the pan. Keep stirring until it is thick enough.
- Add tofu back to the pan and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
You can serve it with brown rice, noodles or even mashed potatoes!