Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cashew Nectarine Popsicles

I do actually have lots of new savoury dishes to talk about, but can't be bothered talking about cookedmeals when I'm sooooooooo hot.

So this is  actually supposed to be cashew peach popsicles but apparently I don't know fruit at all because I accidentally grabbed nectarines and it wasn't until I went home that I realised. I went ahead with the recipe anyway and they were still delicious but I bet peaches would be much better.

Cashew Nectarine Popsicles adapted from Veggie Wedgie:

3-4 Nectarines
30gr raw cashews
2 tbsp agave syrup (adjust according to taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Soak the cashew in some water for 1 hour to soften them. Roughly chop nectarines. Place all ingridents in blender. Blend on high until well combined.

Makes 3 small popsicles.

Pour the mix in ice pop molds and freeze for at least 4 hours.

It still had some tiny cashew chunks which I liked, I like a bit of texture in icecream or popsicles. I enjoyed these but next time I will actually make these with peaches instead.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, lovely! And I adore white nectarines while not caring much for peaches, so I think these look perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of adding cashews to a fruit pop! Usually you only see nuts as a coating on the outside of chocolate ice cream bars that I fruitless try to avoid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of ground cashews in pops, we put them in everything else, why not? Great idea! It must give it a nice body.

    I feel so bad for you guys, I hate the very hot weather. Once it gets above 80 degrees (F) I melt! It's winter here, but hasn't much gotten below 50F, it's raining right now!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete