Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pina Colada Popsicles

On the 42 degree day we retreated to a small shopping centre to see a movie and just hang out and escape from our very hot house. I had a mission to get some popsicles moulds so we could make popiscles or as we call it here icy poles. I wanted to get some cute shaped ones but the only ones I could find were these cheap ones from target. They aren't as cute as the others but do the job and have a small little end to sip the melted bits when you get to the end.

This is so similar to my pina colada ice cream that I hesitated about posting it but the texture is really different, much more icy and you don't need a ice cream maker!

Pina Colada Popsicles/Icy Poles from good bite

Makes 4
1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup dried, unsweetened, un-sulfured shredded coconut (I left this out)
1 cup fresh pineapple, roughly chopped
1/2 tablespoon Agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon pure lemon extract (I left this out too)

Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth and creamy. Divide mixture into four (4-ounce) Popsicle molds. Freeze for 4 hours and serve.

Heres rilakkuma (relax bear) posing with one:
 

They are sweet, creamy and quite refreshing!

6 comments:

  1. Another great sugar-free recipe, and those icy pole holders are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I have cuter moulds, too. But they do the job! This pineapple-coconut combo sounds quite yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute photo and I am excited you have got icy pole moulds - they are so much fun - I have bought some just like that because I couldn't resist though I have two sets at home and love them - must make these soon (once I finish the last lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah! It's offensively cold for summer here at the moment, but rest assured I'm bookmarking this for the hopefully-soon hot ice-cream-maker-less days coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone.

    Hannah, we have had some really cool almost winter days too but then a couple of really hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so delicious! It's funny to see you talk about how hot you are when we're having snow and freezing temperatures. :) Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete