Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sweets without visiting the shops

Once Mr T's heavy medication started kicking in he would sleep several times a day, instead of resting like a sane person I used those opportunities to make sweets with ingredients we had at home since I am trying not to buy desserts.

First up I made snickerdoodles, yes what a silly name but such awesome cinnamony goodness. I loved the texture of them. The recipe made a a lot too so we could share them, well a couple of them. I felt like I good quite easily eat half a dozen of them in one sitting as opposed to normal cookies. They are ugly though:



Then I followed Cindy's idea for chocolate almond figs, I had to improvise a little as I didn't have figs or dark chocolate. Instead I put an almond in a date and covered it with white chocolate. The almond seemed to be the perfect size for where the pit would normally go and it was yummy but I'm sure her original combo is even better. I don't think white chocolate goes quite as well with dried fruit.

3 comments:

  1. Nuts in dates and covered in white chocolate, sounds yummo!

    And I have still never made snickerdoodles, but they look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We used to make snickerdoodles every christmas, but I haven't had one in ages. I think I need to remedy that situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should both bake them asap :-)

    ReplyDelete