Christmas Pudding Ice Cream inspired by bbc goodfoood recipe
- 200g dried cherries, chopped (or sub raisins etc)
- 6 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 cloves
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 gingernut biscuits, broken into chunks (I used the leda gf ones)
- zest ½ lemon and ½ an orange
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- Mix all of the boozy fruit ingredients together in a bowl, then microwave or cook on stovetop for 3 mins. Stir, then leave to cool completely, for a few hours to overnight.
- For the ice cream, put the spices in a saucepan and gently heat for 3 mins or so, stirring once or twice, until fragrant. Tip in the coconut milk (reserving 1/4 cup) and sugar and bring to the boil. Bring to boil.
- Pass the mix through a sieve and add in the vanilla extra, arrowroot mixture and zest. Place in fridge for a few hours until completly cold.
- Follow ice cream machine instructions. Place mix the cherries and ginger nut in last few minutes.
- Freeze til desired texture.
The potluck was great and included amazing things like vegan and gluten free prawn toast, ferrero rochers and lots more.
For other xmas dessert ideas, check out previously made candy cane ice cream, candy cane fudge, and candy cane cookies (not gf) and xmas pudding bites.
Thinking I might try to fit in one more xmas ice cream flavour this year, any suggestions?