Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vegweb can be pretty darn good

Lately I've been making dishes that I made when I first went vegan 5-6 years ago and didn't really know how to cook. I used to make this noodle dish regularly and was kind of relieved to see that I still enjoyed it today. It's easy, ohh how I love easy savoury dishes. To make it slightly more interesting I also made tofu bacon. I can't find the recipe on vegweb anymore but basically you fry the hell out of tofu pieces, and then sprinkle some nooch on it, and add a tiny bit of liquid smoke and a fair bit of soy sauce so that it so that it nicely coated.

I also can't find this dish which was titled 'asian broccoli noodles' dish on vegweb. What's up with vegweb lately? Anyway I did find it on another blog:

Ingredients:
2 cups Broccoli, Raw
3/4 cups Onions, Green
2 servings Fresh Garlic
2 tablespoons Fresh Ginger Root
2 tablespoons Omega Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 cups Soy Sauce
1 tablespoons Natural Cane Sugar
3 tablespoons Water
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoons Salt (table)
4 servings Noodles, Japanese, Soba, Dry

Instructions:
Combine garlic, ginger, PB, soy sauce, and sugar. Blend well and add water, lemon juice, and salt.

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.

Heat oil in wok or skillet. Stir-fry broccoli for about 3 minutes. Add noodles and stir until heated.

Add PB mixture to pan and stir until sauce is evenly distributed.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks pretty tasty. It doesn't look that fatty either!

    Is it just me, or are noodles the king of all foods? I totally <3 noodles.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, noodles and peanutty sauce are one of my all-time favourite food combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love noodles and peanutty sauces it's such a winning combo.

    And I remember when I first went vegan I would have a few pieces of tofu, mushrooms and baby spinach almost every night!

    ReplyDelete