I think it tasted even better with tofu but then I am not really a great fan of tempeh. Toby disagrees and preferred it with tempeh as it has a more meaty texture and flavour. So go ahead and make both and help us decide which one is better :-)
I'm not sure if it worth posting the recipe but since the last recipe was a bit messy I thought I would try to tidy it up.This dish is gluten free as long as the worcestershire and soy sauce is gluten free.
- 2 packet of firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce (ketchup for you Americans)
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce (make sure it's vegan)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour (mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- a few drops of sesame oil
- a few dashes of soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Cut tofu into thin slices.
- Marinade tofu in soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil.
- In the mean time fry onions and remove from the pan/wok just before they turn brown. Put aside.
- Mix tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tablespoon sugar and rice wine vinegar together in a bowl.
- Add cooked onions and sauce to the tofu and gently stir fry it on low/medium heat.
- Add in corn flour mixture and cook til the sauce thickens.
- Serve with noodles and stirfried greens.