To go with it, I made some baked tofu from Vegan Planet. This is my favourite baked tofu that I have tried.
- 1 16 ounce (450gram) firm tofu drained
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (I think I used 1)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients
- Place tofu into bowl and pour marinade over it, cover and refrigerated for at least 3 hours, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove marinade from tofu and bake until brown and firm, about an hour. Turning once about halfway through.
skip the marinade part and just bake with the marinade sauce, it ends up being full of flavour and nice and salty. You might want to lower the soy sauce if you are not into salt though.
I liked the addition of the tofu to the curry, although still think it's better in a sandwich.
I've been craving roti since I last posted about the roti and dips at Zen Zero Blue so I asked on twitter if anyone knows of some vegan brands of roti bread. Steph come to the rescue and told me that Kawan is vegan. I found this at Minh Phat but she said you can also get it from the Asian supermarket at Barkly Square.