Friday, November 5, 2010

Pomegranate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream- Vegan Mofo Day 5


Another way to use up pomegranate juice, although this didn't quite work as well as the tofu. Food makes fuel posted this recipe on his blog:

Ingredients:

  • 8oz (250ml) pomegranate juice
  • 2 cups coconut milk
  • 60g(1/2 cup) powdered sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon guar gum(optional- I didn't use it)
  • 3oz semi-sweet chocolate, broken

In a bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients and chill the mixture for 2 hours. Once ready, churn in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s directions.


It wasn't bad as such, it just wasn't great. It was easy and I love all of the ingredients but together I don't think they worked too well, well at least not the portions, definitely needs some tweaking. The reason I was drawn to this recipe though was pure laziness, most of the ice creams I make require heating and then waiting to cool whereas this was quick.


If you haven't already, you should check out some of the Aussies doing Vegan MoFo including Eat more Vegies, Cupcake Kitteh, Vicki Vegan, Polka Dot Rabbit and Vegan family vs Omni World. If I have missed anyone let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment