Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Veg Out Time and Vegan Android Apps? Vegan Mofo Day 23

I'm not a huge fan of chapel st but I went there on the weekend to check out Chapel St Bazaar which is a huge vintage store which is mostly overpriced but has some decent stuff. While in the area we couldn't resist going to veg out time. It's cheapish and quick and always delivers decent Asian food. We always get the brown rice plus two dishes for $8.90 but I kind of regret not ordering the Pad Thai off the menu because it looks awesome.  Also they have g/f options.

I got the pumpkin curry and Penang tofu. The pumpkin curry was so creamy and went well with the roasted pumpkin which was just a tad spicy (too spicy for Toby but perfect for me). The Penang tofu was great, I always wonder how they get their tofu to soak up so much of the liquid, our dishes at home are never as good.

Toby got the tom yum tofu and the eggplant sweet potato Masada. The tom yum tofu was awesome (I stole a bit) but I didn't get to try the eggplant sweet potato Masada but I had ordered and loved last time and Toby said that it was nice and mild. 


I couldn't find other blog mentions of veg out time in google (including our own post), so please let me know if you have blogged about it and I'll add your link.

Veg Out Time-South Yarra
366 Chapel Street, South Yarra
(03) 9827 7570
Open Daily 11:30am-10pm



These are the first food photos I took with my new toy: HTC Desire HD


I'm not usually a phone person but love my new phone because it means I can have access to my personal email, facebook, twitter at work and use sporty pal to map my runs. Also, tonight I stood in the supermarket and googled what ice cream to make next (you'll see the result soon). I think I've been enjoying it so much because for once I did some research before buying a phone, I was initially going to get an iphone4 but figured out this is better!  Plus it has a massive 4.3 inch screen and a 8 megapixel camera which I think takes awesome photos for a phone.  These photos and the Johnston st fiesta ones were taken with my phone. Ok, enough going on about my phone. My point or rather my question to you is what vegan android apps have you used and do you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. wow, your phone takes GREAT photos! Sounds great.
    The food looks delicious also, I luv sweet potato.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete