Friday, November 19, 2010

Mofo Quiz and links- Day 19

I'm finding it challenging to come up with daily posts and keep up to date with reading all of the your posts. But I'm really enjoying coming across all of these new ideas as part of mofo, so far I love the look of:
  • the  'meat cake' that Mo Betta Vegan made
  • the quinoa lasagna and zucchini in place of lasgana sheets that Vicki blogged about
  • the queso that Melomeals made with chickpea flour
  • the vegan cheese reviews on nice things

I'm also had some lovely new bloggers around the world comment on this blog like Phoenix Dreaming and OMgosh I'm Vegan. I suspect many of the new commenters and traffic come from the two mentions of our blog (for the choc honeycomb and the spice organising posts) on the vegan mofo blog. The vegan mofo blog along with the  new commenters has allowed me to come across so many new blogs (including most of the ones listed above). My favourite part about blogging is that sense of community and vegan mofo has been great for broadening that community, so thanks! Shellyfish talks more about that sense of community on her mofo post.

Speaking of bloggers, my friend has started a new vegetarian blog called veg in the west with loads of yummy and interesting things like chocolate zombie brains and vegan strawberry tart, you should go check it out and show her some comment love.

Mandee inspired me to do the mofo quiz which is going around:


What is one food you thought you'd miss when you went vegan, but don't?
Bacon. Fake bacon is awesome and the whole idea of eating pigs really disgusts me now.


What is a food or dish that you wouldn't touch as a child, but enjoy now?
Brussel sprouts, my mum would make them boiled and I would dry reach when she made us eat them, but now wish dishes like this, I love them.


What vegan food or dish do you feel like you should like but you don't?
Tahini it's quite an awful aftertaste that I can't stand, I do like the watered down version in Lebanese restaurants though

What beverage do you consume the most of each day?
Herbal tea- mostly rooibos.


What dish are you famous for bringing to gatherings?
cupcakes or cakes


Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
I'm really obsessed with not putting food down on surfaces eg: work desk, table at restaurant etc. 


What's one food or dish that you eat too much off when it's in your home?
Ice cream.


What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available repackaged?
popcorn

What ingredient or food is worth spending extra money on to get the good stuff?
Fair trade and organic Chocolate


Are you much of a snacker? What are your favourite snacks?
I'm a huge snacker, normally chocolate, g/f pretzels and nuts.


What are your favourite vegan pizza toppings?
satay ones at Plush

What's your favourite fruit and vegetable?
mangoes and asparagus

What is the best salad dressing?
I hate lettuce salads so this is a hard question but I guess something fruit based

What is your favourite thing to put on toasted bread?
avocado (and with either lemon plus salt and pepper or marmite)

What kind of soup do you turn to on a chilly day or when you don't feel well?
Lentil soup

What is your favourite cupcake and icing flavour?
choc with peanut butter icing

What is your favourite type of cookie?
chocolate chocolate chip cookies

What is your most-loved weeknight meal?
Matthew's Tofu with rice or noodles

What is one food or dish you enjoy but can't get anyone else in your house to eat?
refried beans from the can

How long on average do you spend in the kitchen each day?
Not that long since Toby does most of the cooking, but then I have other days where I spend hours

4 comments:

  1. I didn't used to like Brussels either and now they are my favorite!

    There is only a week left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good quiz - I am impressed at all your mofoing! You are doing lots of interesting posts and you are lucky to have toby help you out

    I made some great tahini chocolate cookies recently - wonder if that would help you learn to love the stuff - what doesn't taste great with lots of chocolate! And I also hate lettuce salads - glad I am not alone in that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazysmurf, hopefully the next generation will be fed brussel sprouts in a more delicious way!

    Johanna, thanks, although Toby has been a bit slack we are currently at 19 posts by me and 2 by him. I would so be willing to try tahini in anything chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this recipe recently and it was excellent - I keep meaning to post it but it is lagging behind other posts - hopefully will get it up - made a few minor amendments but check this out

    http://adashofcompassion.blogspot.com/2010/10/sesame-sesame-sesame.html

    I have blogged another chocolate cookies with tahini but they are not as good as these - sort of a variation on peanut butter and chocolate

    ReplyDelete